Monday, January 23, 2012

My first Blog Post! My Life till now...

So welcome to my blog!  My name is Jess and I am a stay-at-home momma of 4 adorable kiddos.

My life is pretty sweet right now.  I grew up in Lakeland, FL and at 15, my mom decided to uproot us to Tulsa, OK.  I was devastated.  I had to move away from all my friends I had known since I was a young child.  I was going into my sophomore year in high school and didn't know 1 person.  It was depressing.  But I managed and found some friends.  I graduated high school and started off to college, as a business major.

I started in the car business when I was 19, mostly because it was a man's career and I wanted to prove I could do it too.  Plus, I loved helping people.  I really enjoyed seeing the joy on people's faces when they would buy their brand new shiny car.  I loved solving the puzzle of what vehicle would fit their lifestyle and personality exactly.  I had my first daughter as a single mom when I was 21 years old.  Talk about hard!  There were many times that I had to make a choice whether I would feed myself or buy formula (and my baby girl always won out on that one).  She was basically raised in day care while I worked at the dealership to make enough money for us to survive on.  Oh plus I might add that I was still in college part-time.  However, I did pretty good for myself in the next couple years and bought my first house at 22 years old.
I met my husband at the dealership, a fellow car salesman.  We were always flirty with each other and we spent so much time together that we got to know each other quite well from work.  He asked me out on our first date on valentines day 2005, with like 10 of his guy friends...romantic right???  Well, it was pretty last minute and I was hinting all day that I didn't have a date so I think he finally got the message.  We dated pretty casually in 2005 because I was afraid of someone getting too close to baby girl if he wasn't going to be in the picture long-term.  January 2006, we were officially boyfriend/girlfriend and we were married by November 2006.
My husband is absolutely wonderful.  He adopted baby girl so now she shares his last name and he is officially her father.  He still works at the dealership, but now as a finance manager.  Either way, he affords for me to stay home now with our kiddos.  I never thought when I was 21 and a single mom, that some day I would be married, have a big family, and be able to stay home.  God has truly turned my life around and blessed me beyond belief. 

Baby girl is now 8, we have a 4 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and 1 year old boy.  Our last 2 babies came a mere 11 months apart.  The first couple of months after my last was born are a complete blur.  I think I cried at some point every day....stressed, over tired, and dealing with colicky newborn.  Although it has been very trying, I wouldn't change it for the world.  My heart is so full.

Well this is my starter post to give you a history of my life.  I hope you enjoyed and watch for my future blog posts to stay connected with the chronicles of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment