Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fit Kids, Day 2 Getting Organized, Some New Fit Mama Gear, Running, and Awesome healthy "butter" noodle recipe!

Today was my 9 year old, Addy's, Field Day at school.










She did awesome!  I can't believe this is the same girl that 2 years ago could barely run.   Now she LOVES racing and anything athletic.

 (that's her there with the white skirt)
We have started eating "clean", real food and cut out all the processed foods since October.  Since then, Addy has grown 4.5" in height, leaned out, and is so much more active now than ever.  The food she eats gives her energy, makes her less crabby, and helps her immune system.  She is a walking testimony for eating clean.


So I was on Day 2 of 4 Weeks to a more organized home yesterday and the task was to clean the fridge.  Let me tell you, this task was WELL over due.  I purge stuff out of my fridge every once in a while but I don't ever actually clean the shelves.  I pulled out all of the shelves and scrubbed them.  I took out all the food and threw away expired things.  After I cleaned the shelves, I organized everything so things would be easier to find. 

Here is the finished product:
It's so nice opening the fridge, knowing where to find everything I need and knowing exactly what I have in there!

The next project on 4 Weeks to an Organized Home?  Cleaning the freezer.  I'm planning on tackling this tomorrow!  With all this organizing, I king of got motivated to organize the mountain of paperwork and come up with a more user friendly family calendar & to-do list, all in one place.  Here is what I did:
  • Bought a white 1.5" binder
  • 8 pack folder dividers (ones where you can write on the tabs and erase to change)
  • 50 pack page protectors
 The categories I have in my binder include:
Calendars
  • Weekly calendar (as shown below)
 
Weekly Calendar - Week of April 16th-22nd
Time Monday 16th Tuesday 17th Wed 18th Thursday 19th Friday 20th Saturday 21st Sunday 22nd
7              
8              
9              
10              
11              
12              
1              
2              
3              
4              
5              
6              
7              
8              

I am a visual person so I blocked out certain time slots when I had things planned.  This way I can actually see what blocks of time I may have open for things, such as working out, cooking, meal prep, etc.
  • Monthly calendars for the next 4 months (which I just printed off online for free)
  • Weekly to-do list, which I add to each day, as shown below:
 
To-Do List This Week Due by Done?
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     


 I printed it off blank and hand-write in my to-do's each day. 

  • Hours and schedules for Lifetime Fitness
  • Kids' calendars from their classes
Meal Plans, including current meal plan I'm working on and future meal plans.  I also have some recipes in this pocket.

Coupons and gift cards, Receipts, Kids' school paperwork, Sports & Activities schedules and paperwork, and Contact Info, including our emergency contact info, business cards, and neighborhood contacts booklet. 

It feels so good to get organized and have one place for everything. 

So today I went out to buy a new sports bra.  I only have 1 and now that I'm working out at the gym and it is quite a bit warmer (so I'm always sweaty when I'm done working out), 1 sports bra is definitely not enough!  I went over to Dillard's and I ran into the Moving Comfort brand, which is great for High Impact and for bigger busted women.  I LOVE my new sports bras and they are WAY cuter than my Enell, which is an AWESOME bra but not cute at all. 

Here are the 2 I picked out:

Moving Comfort Jubralee
 This one is just as good for high impact as my Enell.
This one may not be as good for high impact but will be GREAT for gym classes I'm taking, such as Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, Strength, etc. 

Speaking of the gym, I got my 4.5 miles in on the treadmill at Lifetime today.

 That's me at the end of that long row of treadmills...there are like 100 treadmills at this gym, it's awesome.  I got to watch "what not to wear" while pumping out 9:30 min/mile average run and I felt great when I was done.  Tomorrow I'm going to try a boot camp class or cardio kickboxing in the morning then taking the kids to go swimming right after school!   Loving the new gym so far!! 

OK and last night Mike & I had a date night planned so I didn't want to make a big dinner just for the kiddos.  I was looking for my recipes and I got an idea from one of the Deceptively Delicious recipes I had, for "butter" noodles.  My kids LOVE spaghetti and I happened to have a bag of brown rice spaghetti in the pantry so I decided to give it a whirl.  It turned out GREAT and the kids ate the entire pot of spaghetti I made and were still asking for more.  Here are some pics and the recipe:

"Butter" Noodles (adapted from Deceptively Delicious)
  • 8 oz brown rice or whole wheat spaghetti
  • 1/2 c cauliflower puree
  • 1/4 c almond milk (or other milk)
  • 2 T Earth Balance butter
  • 2 T grated parmesan
  • 1/4 t salt
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and return to pot.
Blend cauliflower puree, milk, salt, and butter in food processor or blender until creamy smooth.  Pour sauce in pot with spaghetti and top with parm, stir until well coated.  Serve with steamed veggie or side salad!
 Eat your veggies, Chris! 
 All the kids had seconds and were still asking for more when it was all gone.  I served it with some steamed organic corn and organic green beans I had in the freezer.  A SUPER EASY kid-friendly dinner for a busy night! 

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment