Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mommy Daughter Time, More Organized Home Day 4, & Healthy Beef Stroganoff!

Today was the 2nd Annual Mother Daughter Tea at our church and Addy was SO excited and has been looking forward to it all year.  It is some of the only one on one special time we get!  So we got dressed up in our finest and had a great time!




Here is Addy enjoying some fancy tea!  We had a great time and it reminded me that I should make time specifically for special times like this with each of my kiddos.  Addy felt so special and is NOT looking forward to next year when Sophie will be joining us.. 

Yesterday was day 4 of 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home and it was to clean out the freezer.  Again, this was MUCH needed.  It wasn't so dirty, just cluttered and I had no idea what was hiding in the back of the shelves.  But here is what the finished product looked like:

Everything has a place and I know exactly what I have in there now!  Next up on my home organization project is to clean out from under the beds and furniture, move the furniture (if possible) and vacuum under there.  I don't even want to know what is under our couches :/

Last night's dinner was REALLY good!  It was one of my eMeals, Beef Stroganoff.  The kids all ate and of course Mike loved it.  I happened to have a steak leftover from our cookout last Sunday so I decided to use that for the beef in the recipe instead of the top round steak, but that is what it actually calls for.  Using the leftover beef made this recipe SUPER quick and easy!  If you're having a cookout, grill up some extra meat and save it for use in recipes throughout the week.  Anyway, here is the recipe:

Beef Stroganoff (adapted from eMeals)

  • 1.5 lbs top round steak, cut into 1" pieces
  • 1/2 t salt, 3/4 t pepper, 2 T oil
  • 3 T butter
  • 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (which I omitted because Mike HATES mushrooms)
  • 1 c chopped onion
  • 1 T flour (I used organic four)
  • 1 c chicken broth
  • 1 c organic greek nonfat yogurt
  • 12 oz pkg whole wheat egg noodles, cooked and kept warm
 Sprinkle steak with salt & pepper.  Heat 1 T oil in skiller over med-high heat.  Add half of beef, cook until browned.  Remove from skillet, repeat with remaining oil & beef.  Add butter; add mushrooms and cook 5 min.  Add onion and cook 5 min.  Sprinkle with flour & cook 2 min.  Stir in broth; cook 2 min.  Stir in greek yogurt and beef.  Cook until hot.  Serve over noodles.  

I served this with baked green beans.  Here is my recipe:

  • 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and washed
  • olive oil spray
  • sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
  • garlic powder
  • 2 T fresh grated parmesan
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange gb on baking sheet in single layer.  Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with spices.  Bake in oven for 20 min.  Stir and cook 5 min.  Top with parmesan and bake 3-5 min more.  
And voila!

Seriously delicious! 

So I needed an easy dinner for tonight too because it was Saturday and I am always so busy on Saturdays.  It is always a long day and I'm exhausted by the end of the day.  So, here is what I whipped up for dinner for the kiddos:
I also had some chicken breasts left over from our cookout last Sunday and so I made some chicken sandwiches!  Here were the ingredients:

Organic grilled chicken breasts
 Organic mozzarella cheese, sliced
And some whole wheat rolls I found in my freezer!  Oh and Addy had hers with organic ranch dressing. 

With some fresh fruit, this was a great dinner for the kids...  Well, the girls ate this and the (more picky) boys ate grilled cheese (whole wheat bread with organic mozzarella grilled with just some olive oil spray).  And of course some fruit! 

Well thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment