Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BUSY Day! Fit Mama Workout, Day 2 Vegetarian Grocery Shopping & Kids' Boot Camp!

Well today was CRAZY.  It started out at 7 am this morning, I took my 8 y.o. to Bixby Kids For Christ and every other week, I lead games with the kiddos.

I got my workout in at around 11 am this morning, after I laid Chris down for his nap.  Today, I did Cardio sculpt (GAIAM on HULU), a 11 minute workout.  Then, I did The Firm Boot Camp (on HULU also), a 12 minute workout.  BTW, if you have Hulu, you must get on there and see all the workout programs available.  Just search GAIAM on Hulu to find them all.

After taking my son to pre-k, I had my day 2 of grocery shopping planned for Walmart.  Here is what I got at Walmart:



  • The rest of the food needed for 6 dinners
  • A ton of fruits and veggies
  • 6 half gallons of organic milk
  • 5 boxes of mom's best natural's cereal
  • 3 packages of pitas
  • Sunflower kernels
I spent less than $120 at Wal-Mart (excluding a couple household & toiletry items I needed).  We are leaving on vacation next Friday so I don't want to make another grocery trip before then (except for things we may need for our 8 day trip).   Total, including what I spent at Whole Foods yesterday, this week's grocery bills are $220.  But, this should last us about 9 days. 

After I got home from Wal-Mart, I chopped up a bunch of the fruit so that it would be ready for the kiddos when they got home from school and for a side with dinner.
At Wal-Mart, I got 3 pineapples (they were $2.78/each), 3 juicy cantaloupes ($1.98/each), and 11 lbs of bananas (54 cents/lb)!  I don't buy boxed or convenience snacks anymore, so I always make sure to have a TON of fruits & veggies on hand for them.  And, no matter how busy I am, I always make time to wash & prepare these healthy snacks for them! 

SO after shopping, I had a parent-teacher conference for my 4 y.o.  He's doing really well in school!!  Immediately after that, I picked up the kids from school, rushed home for Addy to change, and we were off to her Sports Conditioning Class!

The class is held by Elizabeth Crawford, with Inspire U Fitness.  She is AWESOME at what she does!  I went to her bootcamp class on Saturday.  That was 3 days ago, mind you, and my glutes and obliques are STILL aching!   Here is a short video of Addy doing jumps:

It's sickening how long her legs are.  I can hardly do those jumps!  

And here is a pic of her doing burpies:

She LOVED the class and told me on the way home she wishes she could do that everyday!  I told her mommy tries to exercise everyday too, even if it's just for 10-20 minutes, to keep me healthy.  

Well for dinner, we had the leftover veggie lasagna, with an italian salad (organic romaine lettuce with organic italian dressing & organic fresh grated parmesan cheese), and pineapples/cantaloupes on the side!  I must say, the lasagna is even BETTER the next day.

Tomorrow I have a 7 mile run planned for 7 am.  I am just hoping the winds die down, today they gusted 30-40 MPH!  And if you're ever run in winds like that, you know how horrible it is.  It's like your body is moving but you're not going anywhere.  Not to mention the dirt and crap that flies in your eyes, nose and mouth with winds like that.  Ugh!  So, please pray for me...

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Kids boot camp is a great place for children to learn about fitness, food and nutrition, disease, safety and exercise. Exercise for kids is very important for them to be healthy and not become overweight. Kids who get plenty of exercise are healthier and happier kids and have less depression.

    ReplyDelete