Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fit Mama Runs 10 Miles...Set PR!!

Well, this morning, I had my scheduled 10 mile run.  I wasn't too excited about it because I haven't run much since we were on vacation all last week.  But, I was booking it this morning.  I finished the 10 miles in 1 hour 40 minutes, which is exactly a 10 min/mile.  My usual pace is 10.5 minute/mile so that busted my average pace by a full 30 seconds per mile!  I felt GREAT.  I'm not sure if it was because I went to bed by 10:30 last night, or the excedrin I had this morning before I left for a headache, or what.  And despite the faster pace this morning, I didn't feel like I was over-exerting myself.  In fact, I felt like I could go faster if I really wanted to. 

After I got home, I showered up and had a cup of coffee with breakfast



Which was a protein pancake and SO delicious.  With the 2 T almond butter on top, the calories capped out at about 480, which is def on the high side for a normal day.  BUT, since I had just run 10 miles I felt like I needed a substantial breakfast.  And I'm glad I did because my body recovered very quickly and for the rest of the day, my back or legs never got sore (which they normally do).  You can find the protein pancake recipe here on my fb page.  Simply click on "photos" then select "meals:food & snacks" and look for the pic of the pancake.  There are 2 pancake recipes on there.  This one is the protein (banana/blueberry) pancake.  OH, and while you're there, "like" my FB page!!!!!

The weather was AMAZING today (again).  Super sunny and 80 degrees.  So, after I laid the babies down for a nap this afternoon, I made some lunch and sat outside to get a little sun!  Lunch was my famous hummus pizza
On my "pizza" went 2 T hummus (of course), 2 handfuls spinach, 1/2 c black beans, 10 grape tomatoes (sliced), handful chopped broccoli, 1/2 avocado (chopped), and a sprinkle of sunflower kernels.  It was delish!   It took me about 40 minutes to finish this bad boy.  And by the time I was ready to go pick up my son at school, I saw that I had gotten some sun too! 

We went out to dinner with some friends tonight to Oliveto and I had a greek salad (kalamata olives, feta, pine nuts, oh my!).  I have had it many times and it is very good!  Of course I had to have my favorite drink since we were sitting outside and the weather was BEAUTIFUL: flirtini.  A great finish to a long day. 

Other than being very tired, my body still feels great since my run this morning.  I have about 4 weeks left before my race, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. 

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment