Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fit Mama Day 2 Half Marathon Training, Family Bike Ride, and Fave Dressing!

So today was my 2nd day of officially training for my Half-Marathon coming up on April 29th.  As you might know, I enjoy running and have been running just for fun since my last Half-Marathon in November.  On any given day, I pump out 2-5 miles just depending on how I feel.  I picked a super easy training schedule, which has only 3 days of training runs per week.  That way, I can spend the other days cross-training or as a rest day.  Today I ran 6.2 miles and I felt GREAT.  I finished in a little over an hour, so about 10:30/mile pace.  Not very quick so I'll work on my speed a bit before my race.  I'd really love to finish with an average 10 minute mile! 

Today was a BEAUTIFUL 70 degree day in Tulsa so we decided to go for a family bike ride after the kids got out of school!



We rode down to the Starbucks at 111th & Memorial as I was craving my grande non fat iced mocha (no whip of course).  And the kiddos got some snacks too!
This bike ride was about 4-6 miles total.  I wish I would have GPS'd it, but I forgot before we left the house or I could have turned my runkeeper app on. 

My legs were pretty tired pulling the 2 babies in the carrier (after having run 6 miles this morning) but it felt SO GOOD!  We were just going at a leisurely pace. I highly encourage you to get your family out and active together!  It is not enough to just work out on your own.  I feel it's a priority for the kiddos to get involved too and reap the benefits of exercise, not to mention the great quality time we have as a family!  Mike was also suggesting that next time we could bring a picnic and we could ride down to Hunter Park, about 3 miles from the house, and feed the ducks too.  Anyone that would like to join us, just let me know!!

After having finished off my Mediterranean salad, I decided to make up another batch of my goddess dressing for spinach salad for lunches!  I like to have the goddess dressing on hand even to just dip veggies, it is so yummy!
I have posted my recipe once before, but here it is again:


  • 1/3 cup canola oil or olive oil
  • 2 2/3 Tbs. tahini, as thick as possible
  • 2 Tbs. + 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 2 1/4 tsp. soy sauce [START WITH JUST 2 tsp.
  • 2 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
  • 3/4 tsp. sea salt  [MAY NEED ANOTHER 1/16 tsp.
  • 1 large clove garlic, finely minced or crushed
  • 1 1/2 tsp. hulled toasted sesame seeds (I buy mine already toasted in the shaker from the spices aisle)
  • 1 Tbs. minced parsley







 Combine all ingredients and whisk to combine.  Don’t use a blender. Makes about 1 cup, or 8 servings.

I always double the recipe because I go through it so fast!  

Tonight we had a great lent service at church and during lent, they serve lots of homemade soups directly following service.  I was in heaven, I love soup so much!!  I had a roasted vegetable soup (puree) and tried a broccoli cheddar.   

Well, Mike & I are going to watch a redbox movie together and relax so thanks for reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment