Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Busy Mama does Mardi Gras, healthy vegetarian family dinner, & Mama B-Fast!

You know every busy mama needs a night out with friends!  Our friends had a mardi gras party this weekend at their house.  We had an awesome time meeting new people, catching up with acquaintances, dancing, and just having fun!




Oh yes, and we can't forget the Kid's Mardi Gras Party on Monday when they were out of school!  Here I am with all my babies, posing with our Mardi Gras masks!
My brave friend decided to have 2 parties in one weekend....talk about a busy mama!

Last night, we had an awesome dinner.  It was light and vegetarian and my perfect kind of dinner.  The kids even enjoyed it!  Here are some pics and the recipe:

Pasta with Peas and Lemon (adapted from eMeals)

12 oz brown rice spaghetti noodles
3T olive oil
1 T minced garlic
1 t lemon zest
1/3 c lemon juice
2 c frozen peas, defrosted
1/8 t pepper

Cook spaghetti according to package directions; keep warm
In a arge skillet, heat 2 T olive oil over med-low heat
Add garlic and lemon zest.  Cook until garlic is golden
Add pasta to skillet with lemon juice, peas, and pepper
Add remaining 1 T olive oil & heat until warmed through.

I served this with some of my homemade whole wheat artisan bread, recipe here:SUPER EASY Homemade Bread and Pizza

On top went 1 T chia seeds, 1/2 t garlic salt, and 1/8 c parmesan cheese (put on top 5 minutes before it was done cooking).

And I also served it with some sliced cantaloupe.  Very good!!!
  So , this morning I was feeling pretty hungry and based on what I have to do today I decided to eat a good breakfast.  Usually I'll just have a banana around 10:30 or so but I knew I needed more than that.  Here is what I made up:
It has 3/4 c whole wheat quick oats, 1 cup frozen berries, 1 tbsp chia seeds, and a little agave syrup drizzled on top.  It was VERY good and now I know that I will be full until lunch time late this afternoon.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and get outside today with your kids.  It's going to be 65 degrees and sunny in Tulsa!!!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment